1. Duplicate this template to Notion
The first step in getting started is to duplicate the template content into your own Notion workspace. Click the button below and then click ‘Duplicate’ at the top right.
2. Create an upgraded site on Super
Next, create a site on Super with the Notion page you just duplicate. Learn how here.
Note: In order to apply a custom template to your site you will need an upgraded site for $16p/m.
3. Apply the custom template
Then, open your new site settings, navigate to the ‘Code’ page and inside the ‘Head’ tab, paste the following snippet:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://sites.super.so/narrative/css/style.css">
4. Make blog posts a sub-page of ‘posts’
For this template to work as intended, all of your blog posts must be a sub-page of ‘posts’. By default, they will be outside of this page. You can make sure of this in Super via the Pages page. See the video explanation below.
We are working on a feature that will remove this manual task in the near future.
5. Add a Navbar and Footer
Next, head into your site settings and enable a Navbar and Footer, add whatever links you want and customize it to your needs.
6. Enable page properties and Database views
Finally, open your new site settings, navigate to the ‘Options’ page and enable ‘Page properties’ and ‘Database views’–This is to show certain properties such as ‘Written by’ on the blog and allows users to filter your posts.
There’s a few things to know about the way content works in this template
1. Use the right gallery card size
This template utilizes different sized cards inside gallery databases in Notion for different types of content.
- Large Galleries: are used for the ‘featured’ post that appears at the top of the homepage
- Medium Galleries: are used for the ‘all posts’ on the homepage
- Small galleries: are used for ‘more posts like this’ at the bottom of a page
2. Setup your filters correctly
As well as using the right database and card size, make sure databases have the correct filters on.
- Featured/large card galliers have the featured property checked
- Small card galleries should have a filter with the same tag as the post it is contained within
3. Replace the sign up form with your own
The sign up form featured on the home page is a third-party embedded form created using Tally. Head over there to create your own for free!
Thats it! Then just update the content in Notion.
All of your pages and database content live in the toggle block at the top of the home page.
To learn more about how you can customize this template, view the page below: